Over the last few months, leagues across Calgary have returned to play with adjusted operations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. At Dodgeball Calgary we are taking the best practices we have observed and implementing them to make our playing experience as worry-free and safe as possible.
The procedures we are following during the COVID-19 pandemic include:
• Following AHS guidelines. We have limited our leagues to cohorts under 50. Our men’s league will be capped at 48 players and our women’s league at 24 participants.
• All substitute players will be pulled from teams within the cohort to mitigate the risk of new players joining the cohort.
• Players will have their temperature checked at the beginning of the night upon entering the facility. Anyone with a temperature above 37.3 will be asked to leave immediately.
• All warm-up and game balls to be used on the night will be sanitized before the first games of the night and after the last games.
• Hand sanitizer will be available in each gym and encouraged to be used frequently.
• Masks are required to enter the facility and are optional during gameplay.
• If there is a reported case within the league we will contact every player and postpone play until tests come back negative.
• Any player who is feeling unwell should not participate**
We believe these practices coupled with a responsible player base will lead to a successful and healthy first season of Dodgeball Calgary! If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to speak with you further.