First off we want to start by saying thank you to everyone who came out last week and helped with set up, takedown, and reffing! The first week was a learning experience for us as much as it was for you so we are grateful for your patience as we took a little longer then we hoped to get games going but still ended up finishing right on time!
We are going to be sending out weekly announcements to let players know which court they will be on for the upcoming week and any other things they should be aware of. Please see the Week 2 announcements below.
Announcements Week 2:
-Women’s games will take place on court 1
– Men’s 1,2,7 and 8 will be on court 2
– Men’s 3,4,5, and 6 will be on court 3
– Please stay on your court for the duration of the session. We know it is tempting to go watch other games and support your friends but during COVID it is important we stick to our cohorts and limit our contact with one another.
– Once the games have concluded for the night please make your way out of the gym as quickly as possible unless you are helping with the takedown. This again is due to COVID and trying to avoid groups gathering in a specific gym.
– We will be heading to Boston Pizza again after (80 Saddletowne Cir NE). They were impressed with our turnout and will be better prepared for us next week as we had 34 players head there after the games!
-You can see your teams standing here: https://dodgeballcalgary.com/fall-2020/standings/
-We will look at the standings after week 2 and if we see a major discrepancy in the Men’s division we will look at balancing the teams by moving players.
That is all for this week. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to email us back!